THE HAPPY VIKING

THE HAPPY VIKING
Handcrafted Leather

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Living as a Viking ... that's my dream!


Living like a Viking ... that's my dream.  It's not a life that I see as hard work; in fact quite the opposite.  It's life of reward.  A way of living that's in touch with life itself.  Knowledge, simplicity and appreciation.  

Just over a year ago I quit my "real" job, to follow my bliss - starting my own business.  I'm a leatherwork artist and a Viking re-enactor and I wanted to combine my two passions into one.  It's one of the best decisions I've ever made.  I will be honest, it's been hard and if I wasn't driven by my passion, I would be lured back into the world of making more money but that's not what's important to me.  I strongly believe that by doing what makes me happy then everything else will fall into place.  It won't happen over night, but it will happen! :)

I'm new at this blogging thing but I think it's my next step in getting myself 'out there' so here I go ...

I'm really looking forward to this year.  I can feel opportunities arising.  I'm feeling excited about attending not one but 3 BIG events this year - The Abbey Medieval Festival, Armidale Easter Gathering (a week in the forest camping with Vikings only) and then IronFest at Lithgow.  

So, I'll leave it at this for my start.  Now that I've begun, I feel like this is going to be something that I'm really going to look forward to.  I hope you enjoy my blog and I wish you a happy day!

Blessings to you.

Elizabeth (or - as my Viking friends call me) "Hlif"



No comments:

Post a Comment