THE HAPPY VIKING

THE HAPPY VIKING
Handcrafted Leather

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Back to Blogging! :)

WOW!  I can't believe it's been a year since I last wrote.  How time flies when you're having fun and when you're really busy!!!

So, you might be wondering what I have been doing all this time?  The answer is  HEAPS!  Where would you like me to start?  You will be here for a week if I tell you everything, so how about I narrow it down to just three of the 'big' ones. :)

First of all, if you have been following my Facebook page, you might already know that one of the biggest changes I made over the past year was to quit the Viking group I co-founded and go out on my own, as a sole trader, within the Medieval scene.  Do you remember leaving home and going out into the big wide world?  Well, it's kind of how it felt for me.  It was a big decision and rather scary but, as I'm sure you will find when you follow your heart, it always proves to be the right move!  It turned into a busy year travelling, attending 7 festivals along the east coast of Australia, meeting so many beautiful people, opening a lot of doors for my business and just enjoying life!

If you own a website yourself, you'll notice how quickly they can look outdated and daggy. Mine was at that stage so I created a whole new one.  It was rather challenging and very time consuming but the end result was/is (if I can say so myself) - fantastic!  I just love it.  It's so much easier to get around, to be able to find things and it looks fresh; kind of like having a tidy house.  It just makes me feel good!  What do you think? - http://thehappyviking.com.au

"Keeping the old skills alive" is part of my - hmm, would you call it a 'motto'?  Anyway, my decision to start teaching leatherwork came about after being asked for years to do it.  I kept on saying no because I never thought I had the patience and worried that I wouldn't know all the answers to questions that people might ask but, you know what?  I do have the patience and no one knows all the answers!  One monthly and two weekend workshops have already taken place.  Students have had a great time making their pieces and learning leather skills in general.  The comment I heard most over the time was "Oh, I didn't expect it to take so long to make".  It's certainly given them a whole new understanding and appreciation of this craft, as well the skills and knowledge to now go out and make more.

There is a new workshop starting up next week.  If you get in quickly, you might still be able to grab a spot.

I'm also in the process of finishing an online course, for those who live too far away.  If you're interested in learning leatherwork, you can find out more information here - http://thehappyviking.com.au/introduction-to-handcrafted-leather-workshops/

or visit my YouTube channel and watch my video:

https://youtu.be/BEe7UD1lZm4

So, it's good to be back here blogging and "talking to you" again.  I hope that you've all been well and happy.  I'll make sure I keep this up now.

Talk to you soon.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment