THE HAPPY VIKING

THE HAPPY VIKING
Handcrafted Leather

Tuesday 28 April 2015

The Longevity of Leather


Today I was talking to one of my Mum's friends.  She told me that she still had one of her mother's leather handbags at home and it must be 65 years old!

How many things that are made today would last that long?  Not only because of the cheap materials that are used but also the lack of skill in making the products.  Most things today are made quickly so that they can get a heap out in a hurry to sell and they are made badly so that they will fall apart so that you will have to replace them - another purchase.

Not my products!  I believe in craftsmanship and quality.  Handcrafted leather products are an investment.  Not only will they last but they'll also develop more character as the years go by.  I love to think that what I make can be passed down through generations.

Conscious consumerism and craftsmanship combined.  That's what I am passionate about and hope to educate people in.  Of course I'd like to sell my own products but I'd also like to teach you how to make leather products that last so that, together, we can keep this skill alive and stop the throw away society that has become so much of today's culture.

If you love the thought of purchasing or making leather products that last, then you'll find this interesting - Digging up the Past - 7 Amazing Leather Artifacts


No comments:

Post a Comment