THE HAPPY VIKING

THE HAPPY VIKING
Handcrafted Leather

Wednesday 26 March 2014

POZIBLE Campaign - Questions Answered!

Hmm, this campaign is bringing out some comments that I wasn't expecting! 

I have just had someone questioning my campaign, thinking it could be a scam because they couldn't find it on the Pozible page. 

I think I've mentioned before that it is a self-hosted campaign, so it is not listed and you cannot search for it on the Pozible site. I am doing all the work myself - hence the 50 million messages on my FB page and emails to people. 

For anyone wanting "proof" however that it is actually a legitimate campaign, through Pozible, when you go to make a pledge, you will see at the bottom of that box that it says "Powered by Pozible".

I have also had a comment more or less along the lines of "Oh, so this woman just wants us to give her money so that she can buy a tent".

If anyone else is thinking along those lines, then I would like to clarify that for you too. I have a small business and, like all people who have small businesses will understand, it takes time to get one up and running and to get to the point where it makes a profit. My business has only been running for just over a year so, as much as it has been successful and is growing, I am not in the profit stages yet.

The tent and roof racks that I want to purchase are pieces of equipment that I, as a business owner, need to purchase in order for me to do the best possible "job" that I can do. It's no different to other campaigns where musicians have crowdfunding to purchase amps, etc or record an album or artists who want to buy equipment for their studio. This is not just something that is "nice to have" - it is something that I need to purchase in order to adhere to the guidelines set by the Medieval re-enactment community and to portray myself as a Viking re-enactor, business woman and a leatherworker as authentically correct as possible.

Crowdfunding is a way of raising funds for something that I need but, at this stage in my business, am not able to purchase by my own means. I am not asking anyone to hand over money for nothing. Please take a look at the 'rewards' for the different pledge amounts. If you would like to support me in achieving my goal, then please do. If you are unable to make a pledge but would still like to help, then please share my campaign. Either way, I will be extremely grateful.

I hope that this has cleared up any doubts that people may have. Please, if you have any questions, ask me! I will be more than happy to discuss them with you.

Elizabeth
The Happy Viking 



#crowdfunding #crowdfundingcampaign #TheHappyViking #AVikingSagaShelterandShip #Pozible

No comments:

Post a Comment